Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Learning Log 4

What I have learnt from the MacBeth's performance was to be mentally-prepared and rehearse at least once before the official performance. Our group members made a few common mistakes like the others such as not maintaining eye contact and be as expressive as the character should be. Things did not go so smoothly on the day of the performance compared to our rehearsal. Right before the performance, I told myself I was going to give it my best and took control of my nerves. Strangely, I didn't feel nervous when performing. Maybe it was because we got to witness the performance of other group members first so we got some final touch ups before going up front. We have everything that we needed and I felt confident of our group doing just fine. The performance I find very attractive to watch was the one of Jiale's group including Sanjna and Jiayi. I laughed right from the start to the end. I just want to compliment on their creativity of using umbrellas instead of brooms and their natural humour. I feel that the room where we used was perfect for the scene. It was quite dark and I could sense the tensed mood which was somewhat exciting. All and all, I had fun performing and I look forward to the Romeo and Juliet scene next term!

No comments:

Post a Comment